We have a slight pizza addiction in our house. We’ll sometimes buy gluten free pizza crusts from Truly Free, our local gluten free restaurant and make homemade pizza, but often I just whip up these easy little variations on my olive and feta appetizer puffs. They take under 10 minutes to put together and bake up really quickly. They make a great hot lunch and the kids will reheat them for snacks. They’d also be a great appetizer if you’re having lots of teens over like we are tomorrow night for Halloween! Store in an airtight container in the fridge. I’m not sure how long they keep, we’ve never had a problem with a lot being left over.
- 2 cups tapioca starch
- ⅔ c water
- ¼ c olive oil
- ½ c Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1T Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce
- ½ cup pepperoni slices chopped into small cubes
- ½c shredded Mozzarella
- Combine tapioca starch, water, olive oil, cheese, egg and Italian seasoning in a stand mixer, food processor or blender until smooth.
- Batter should be like a really really thick cake batter, not cookie dough. Add water a tablespoon at a time if yours is too thick.
- Spoon batter into mini muffin tins.
- Top each with a dollop of pizza sauce, a pinch of pepperoni and a little bit of Mozzarella
- Bake 325F for 15-20 mins or until pizza puffs are golden and cheese is melted.
This post is linked up with: This post is linked up with Vegetarian Mamma’s Gluten Free Fridays, Poor and Gluten Free (with Oral Allergy Syndrome): Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #51, Call Me PMc’s Saturday Dishes
Thanks for visiting! Click on a cupcake to connect with me on social media!