Many recipes call for chicken broth or soup stock. If you don’t have any on hand, or if you can’t find a gluten free broth in your supermarket, you can try this easy recipe. This is the base I use for all my soups and I often use it to add extra flavor to grits or rice. If you need a quick and flavorful gluten free replacement for soup stock or broth, try this easy vegetarian soup stock.
Really Quick Gluten Free Soup Stock
- 6 cups water
- 1 onion peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 stalk of celery cut in four pieces
- Salt to taste
- Bring water, onion and celery to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, (about 15 minutes).
- Strain out the vegetables and reserve the liquid.
- Add salt to taste.
This post is linked up with: Poor and Gluten Free (with Oral Allergy Syndrome): Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #49
Thanks for visiting! Click on a cupcake to connect with me on social media!