Super easy and tasty little gluten free appetizers! This recipe makes about 50!
So, one of my greatest struggles has been figuring out what to take to Potluck events. I usually bring my mother-in-law’s amazing layer dip and some corn chips, or a dessert like my Cookies and Cream Hello Dollies, but lately I’ve been trying to cut back on grains and I don’t want to be that
weirdo person who doesn’t eat anything at the party, so last Saturday I needed something new to bring to the Lady’s Luncheon at church. Of course I also wanted to bring something everyone would enjoy (the time for someone to find out you’re a food blogger is not when they’re fake smiling through a mouthful of sandy biscuits.) So, sticking with my personal food goals: tasty, easy, not necessarily all that healthy, I came up with these little pizza rolls. They’re really a great taste and texture experience. There’s the creamy, from the cream cheese, a chew from the pepperoni, and just a little bit of a crunch from the olive. Pepperoni, oregano, olive, cheese, very amazing. And super easy to make. Just mix up the filling and pipe it into the pepperoni, roll up the sides of the pepperoni and then fasten them with your olive toothpick. It took me about 20 minutes from start to finish.
This recipe makes around 50 little rolls.
Pepperoni and Cream Cheese Pizza Rolls - Gluten Free
- 1 6 oz Pack Pepperoni Slices
- 40-60 Stuffed Green Olives
- 40-60 Toothpicks
- 1 8 oz Block Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Italian Blend Shredded Cheese Kraft is my favorite
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
To Make Filling
- Mix together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Mix in Parmesan and Italian cheeses, Italian seasoning, and salt until well combined.
To Assemble Rolls
- Pipe or spread about 2 teaspoons of filling onto the middle of each slice of pepperoni.
- Skewer olives with toothpicks.
- Fold over th sides of pepperoni and use the toothpicks to secure the pepperoni into rolls.