My family is divided about these brownies. Half of us think that these are the most amazing thing ever, the other half is getting a bit tired of my obsession with chocolate and peanut butter. They’re grain free, firm and chewy like a brownie should be and the topping is sticky and sweet and full of peanut butter.
Don’t worry if you side with the rest of my family, I’m working on a similar recipe that doesn’t contain any peanut butter at all.
Grain Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir with a long handled spoon until just combined. (This is to keep the cocoa from flying around when you mix it.)
- Mix with an electric mixer for 3 minutes on high
- Pour into parchment lined cake pan. (Mine was about 7×9, weird Thailand size, 8×8 should work fine.)
- Bake at 350 for 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Alternatively, you can cook the batter in a greased waffle iron for 2 minutes
Peanut Butter Icing
- Peanut butter
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cream peanut butter in a bowl
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, stirring well
- This mixture will thicken as you stir, so keep adding peanut butter and milk until you get your desired amount and sweetness
- Spoon over cooled brownies