Want a fast, easy, family dinner that takes almost no time at all to prepare? I keep frozen chicken drumsticks on hand for nights when I don’t really feel like cooking. I season these in a gallon size Ziplock bag and then just empty the bag into a foil lined casserole dish or large cake pan. You can marinate these if you like, but it’s not necessary. To marinate, just put the Ziplock bag in the fridge. You can let it marinate for 10 minutes or even leave it all day while you’re at work. The best thing about chicken drumsticks is you can bake them frozen, so it’s no problem if you’ve forgotten to take them out for supper. Just season and cook.
What should you serve with them? Baked potatoes take about an hour to cook, so you could put them in the oven at the same time, or if you really want an easy supper serve the drumsticks with a bagged salad or sliced cucumbers and baby carrots.
Marinated Chicken Drumsticks Cooked from Frozen
- 8 drumsticks (or 2 per person)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce (I like Stubbs Hickory and Bourbon or Stubbs Sweet Heat)
- 2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/2 T salt
- Combine everything in a ziplock bag and massage until chicken is coated.
- If desired, marinate in bag for at least 10 minutes.
- Place drumsticks in an open baking dish
- Cook uncovered at 375 until chicken skin is crispy and meat pulls away from the bone. About 45 mins for fresh and 60 mins for frozen.
Thanks for visiting! Click on a cupcake to connect with me on social media!