Hello Dolly Bars are so easy to make gluten free and nut free! The perfect crowd pleasing dessert!
This is a fun dessert. It’s so easy to make. Almost too easy! (For my waistline I mean). I actually made this batch without even dirtying a bowl. I combined the cookie crumbs and the butter in a freezer Ziplock bag. After I had squeezed it out into the baking pan, I just sprinkled the chocolate chips and coconut on top and poured on the sweetened condensed milk and baked it. I made the crumbs in a personal sized blender, but you could easily make them just by crumbling cookies with your hands or rolling a bag full of cookies with a clean rolling pin. I used Kinnikinnick S’moreables for my crumbs because they’re both gluten and nut free.
This would actually make a neat gift for a gluten free friend if you packaged up the ingredients inside a parchment lined baking pan. It would also be a fun pre-assembled baking activity for visiting grandkids.
Gluten Free, Nut Free Hello Dolly Bars
This is one of those recipes that looks like it takes a lot of time to make, but only takes about 5 minutes to put together.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free nut free cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can 15oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine crumbs and butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a parchment lined 8x8" square or 9" round cake pan to form a crust.
- Sprinkle crust evenly with chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle coconut evenly over chocolate chips.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over coconut.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Place pan in oven at 400F and bake for 20-30 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate to firm up before cutting.
This post contains affiliate links.