You’re busy, I’m busy, that’s why I’m so grateful for readers who share their fast and easy gluten free recipes with me. Here are two recipes from knowgluten reader Jenny McCarthy that are too good to keep to myself!
The nifty thing about being homeschooled is you can learn year round and technically get enough credits to graduate “early”. This is the case with my oldest girls. They’re juniors in high school, but technically have enough credits to graduate even though they officially have one year left of school. Until very recently, that was just an interesting fact. They had one more year to learn whatever they wanted, and bone up on the ACT. Then they found out about a gap year program they’re impressed with, and now they’re considering graduating and spending their “senior” year somewhere else. This means that our schedule has changed a little bit, and their school work, which is usually totally independent, involves a little more “hands on” from me. Our spare time is now spent on ACT prep (ghaakh), not cooking or blogging. So I’m super grateful for Jennifer McCarthy sending me two recipes via Facebook!! A seriously decadent Vodka Style Pasta and a warm and hearty Pasta Bake. I’m going to share both with you!!
She even sent a picture!!
These recipes are both super fast to put together, family friendly and the perfect comfort food for those of you still dealing with cold weather.
Jennifer, you totally rock. Thanks for sharing these for all the busy gluten free folks out there.
Jennifer McCarthy’s Gluten Free Vodka Style Pasta
- 1 16oz bag corn rigatoni
- 1/3 cup half-n-half
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- Salt, Pepper, Seasonings to taste
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine half-n-half, cream cheese and pumpkin stir until the cream cheese is melted and mixture is combined.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over pasta
Jennifer McCarthy’s Gluten Free Pasta Bake
- 1.25 lbs lean ground beef (could use Jennie O turkey)
- 12 oz box of GF pasta
- 26 oz pasta sauce (whatever GF variety you like)
- Shredded 6 cheese Italian blend (2 cup package)
- Italian seasoning
- Cook beef, drain; cook pasta in large pot, drain.
- Mix beef, pasta, sauce in the large pasta pot, along with half the cheese. Stir until well blended (you could also add mushrooms, black olives, veggies, at this point).
- Put the mixture in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover with the remaining cheese, sprinkle on some Italian seasoning, and bake 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- Optional: add some (about 1/4 cup) GF bread crumbs, or crushed corn or rice chex, to the cheese topping; gives a little extra texture.
- Note: if you add a lot of extra veggies, you may need an additional small can of tomato sauce, but it’s super yummy!