A great gluten free full meal salad to take on picnics this summer!!
It’s finally summer!! And for our family, that means lots and lots of time at the park. We live in a metro area with an amazing park system, and most sunny days find us outside enjoying all the community has to offer.
We usually go for the entire day (tenish to threeish, I hate rush hour) so I always pack lunches. This pork salad is great for our picnics, it’s surprisingly light and fresh (because who wants a heavy lunch while sitting in the sun) and the sweet dressing and crisp apple make it perfect for summer. If you don’t have pork, the dressing would work equally well with chicken. Occasionally, I’ll put it in a couple of these grain free sandwich wraps so I can eat it with my hands.
Gluten Free Picnic Pork Salad
For Each Serving of Dressing
- 1/4 c mayo
- 2 T french's honey mustard
- 1 T apple cider vinegar or more for a thinner dressing
- 1 tsp honey or more to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
For Each Serving of Salad
- 3 oz cooked pork or chicken pulled or chopped
- 1/2 apple diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 carrot shredded
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing on salad and stir well to incorporate.
- Refrigerate until you serve it.