My favorite Pre-Gluten-Free food was Italian. Nothing fancy. Just loads of pasta and anything covered in tomato sauce and cheese. I loved it so much that one year my sister took me out for an all-you-can-eat pasta dinner for my birthday. (I was also, unbeknownst to me, 4 weeks pregnant with twins, and got so sick I couldn’t actually eat anything, but it was still one of the nicest birthday gifts. )
It didn’t take me long after I went gluten-free to try to recreate my favorites. Way back when I went gluten-free, rice stick noodles were the only “spaghetti” without gluten, so that’s what I would use. I still prefer the texture to the new gluten free noodles. This Parmesan Chicken recipe has evolved over the years and I think I finally have something company worthy. Next week I’ll be sharing a vegetarian version, Tofu Parmesan.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2T Olive Oil
- 2T red wine vinegar
- 1T minced garlic
- 1T Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Place chicken in a gallon size zipper bag with olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning and garlic to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl for dipping chicken and put Parmesan cheese on a plate for rolling chicken.
- Remove chicken from bag and dip in egg.
- Roll in Parmesan cheese and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake a 400F for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through, and remove from oven.
- Spoon marinara and sprinkle mozzarella over chicken.
- Return to oven until mozzarella is melted and bubbly.
Thanks for visiting! Click on a cupcake to connect with me on social media!