I mentioned the other day that my husband is a wonderful guy. He really is. He’s the kind of guy who will come home after 14 straight days of 12 hour shifts and say, “wow! You look beautiful! What can I do to help around here?” And though I sometimes respond with “here take this baby I need to change out of these pajamas” something less wonderful, it’s a great day when I can say “Everything’s done, sit down, I made you muffins. Yesterday was a great day. I made muffins.”
These are a twist on the gluten free, grain free pumpkin muffins I posted the other day. They’re a little dryer and the pumpkin isn’t as noticeable. (Hence, no pumpkin in the name).
I ate mine with a maple cream cheese spread. Not paleo, but tasty enough that I’ve included the recipe below.
Gluten Free, Grain Free Raisin “Bran” Muffins
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Flax meal
- 1/2 cup browned butter, cooled
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2-1 cup Raisins
- Combine all ingredients except raisins in a bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon by 1/4 cups into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 325F for 20-25 mins or until the tops spring back when touched (may even take 30 mins)
Maple cream cheese spread (not paleo, but gluten-free and darned tasty)
- 3T cream cheese, softened
- 2tsp maple syrup.
- Combine cream cheese and maple syrup.