Grain Free Toffee Apple Muffins with Coconut Flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1T vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Optional: 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups raisins
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup + 2T (for tops of muffins) toffee chips
- 1T caramel sauce per muffin (optional)
- Combine eggs, butter, flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, vanilla, maple syrup, apple sauce and sugar (if using) in a bowl and mix on med-high with an electric mixer until smooth and thick.
- Fold in raisins, apples and toffee chips.
- Spoon into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes or until the tops spring back and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- (Optional) Upon removing from oven, top with caramel sauce.
- Let cool completely, and enjoy.
Looking for more Grain Free Muffins?
Remember! We’re partying all month on Freedible.com!!
I’ve linked up with Vegetarian Mamma’s Gluten Free Fridays.
Thanks for visiting! I’d love to keep in touch! Click on the cupcakes to connect with me on social media.