Hey, Friends! Are you ready to embark on a flavor-packed journey that combines the richness of chocolate, the tartness of cherries, and the wholesomeness of a gluten-free vegan treat? Today, I’m thrilled to share my irresistible recipe for Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cherry Cobbler. Trust me, this dessert is the perfect combination of gooey, fruity, and chocolaty goodness. So, grab your aprons and let’s get baking! You won’t want to miss out on this mouthwatering delight.
Gather your equipment! This is what you’ll need to make this Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cherry Cobbler
– Mixing bowl
– Whisk or mixing spoon
– 9×9-inch baking pan greased or sprayed with Pam spray
To create this heavenly dessert, here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 cans (21 ounces each) of gluten-free cherry pie filling
– 1 box (16 ounces) of gluten-free vegan brownie mix (I recommend Pamela’s or liveGfree)
– 1/2 cup of melted dairy free margarine or plant butter
– 1/3 cup of water
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Let’s Make a Chocolate Cherry Cobbler!
1. Preheat and Prep
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease your 9×9-inch baking pan to ensure an easy release.
2. Layer the Lusciousness
Open up those cans of gluten-free cherry pie filling and pour them evenly into the greased baking pan. Spread the cherries around so that every bite is bursting with fruity goodness.
3. Mix the Magic
In a mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free vegan brownie mix, melted margarine, water, and vanilla extract. Stir until all the ingredients are combined. The batter will be thick!
4. Dollop and Spread
Spoon the brownie batter over the cherry pie filling in the baking pan. Don’t worry about being too precise; a rustic look adds to the charm of this cobbler. Spread the batter evenly with the back of the spoon, making sure to cover the cherries.
5. Bake that Chocolate Cherry Cobbler to Perfection
Pop the baking pan into the preheated oven and let the cobbler work its magic for about 30-35 minutes. The top should be set and slightly cracked, while the cherries underneath bubble with delight.
6. Cool and Serve
Remove the cobbler from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. I know, the aroma is tempting, but a little patience goes a long way. Once it’s cooled slightly, scoop generous servings into bowls or plates. Feel free to add a dollop of dairy-free ice cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top. Serve warm and savor the indulgence!
Tips and Variations
– If you’re feeling adventurous, add a handful of dairy-free chocolate chips to the brownie batter for an extra gooey surprise.
– Craving a twist of citrus? Squeeze in a tablespoon of fresh orange or lemon juice into the cherry pie filling before layering the batter.
– For a nutty crunch, sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans on top of the batter before baking.
This Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cherry Cobbler is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for potlucks, picnics, or cozy nights at home. It’s best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, simply pop individual portions in the microwave for 30 seconds or warm them in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
Pair this delightful cobbler with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream or whipped topping for an extra touch of decadence. The contrasting flavors and textures will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
I can’t wait for you to try this Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cherry Cobbler and experience the blissful combination of flavors for yourself. Don’t forget to let me know how it turns out! Share your creations and tag me on Instagram @knowgluten_jodi or like Know Gluten on Facebook to join our wonderful community of food enthusiasts.
Remember, great desserts are meant to be shared, so be sure to share this recipe with your loved ones. Happy baking!
Looking for More?
If you’re craving more delicious gluten-free and vegan treats, check out these articles recipes:
Dive into the world of cherry desserts with this quick and easy gluten-free cherry cobbler recipe. This nostalgic comfort food is gluten free and vegan!
Craving a tangy and refreshing dessert? This gluten-free lemon cake, inspired by a popular Starbucks treat, is the perfect choice. It’s vegan, moist, and bursting with citrus flavor!
Need a quick and satisfying dessert fix? Try this vegan mug cake! In just a few minutes, you’ll have a rich and chocolaty treat that’s also gluten-free. It’s perfect for those cozy evenings.
Explore these recipes and discover more delightful gluten-free and vegan options to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- - 2 cans (21 ounces each) of gluten-free cherry pie filling
- - 1 box (16 ounces) of gluten-free vegan brownie mix
- - 1/2 cup of melted dairy-free margarine or plant butter
- - 1/3 cup of water
- - 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
2. Pour the cherry pie filling into the baking pan, spreading it evenly.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, melted dairy free margarine, water, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well blended.
4. Spoon the brownie batter over the cherry pie filling in the pan.
5. Spread the batter evenly with the back of the spoon.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is set and slightly cracked.
7. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving warm.
This Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cherry Cobbler is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for potlucks, picnics, or cozy nights at home. It's best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, simply pop individual portions in the microwave for 30 seconds or warm them in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
Pair this delightful cobbler with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of coconut cream for an extra touch of decadence. The contrasting flavors and textures will have your taste buds dancing with joy.