I’m pretty proud of these pancakes. They’re made with my homemade baking mix made from the super cheap Thai Rice Flour and potato starch that I get at the Asian grocery and they’re fantastic. Light and fluffy and great with chocolate chips.
I mentioned in my last post that we’re trying to save money by cutting back on buying some of the more expensive gluten free mixes and making our own from less expensive flours from the Asian Grocery. These pancakes are the first recipe I’ve made with my new mix and they really are amazing! After you combine the ingredients, you’ll need to let the batter sit for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the baking mix to absorb the liquid. I sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on the “top” side of the pancakes before I flip them over instead of mixing them in. I usually do that as soon as I put the batter on the skillet.
Gluten Free Pancakes made with Thai Rice Flour Baking Mix.
click HERE to get the recipe for Thai Rice Flour Baking Mix
- 1 cup Thai Rice Flour Baking Mix
- 2T vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1T sugar
- 1/2T vanilla
- 1 cup milk (or dairy free substitute)
- optional: mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips until smooth.
- Let sit 10 minutes. (Add more milk if too thick)
- Lightly grease an electric skillet and preheat to 300F
- Place by 1/4 cups onto skillet.
- If desired, sprinkle pancakes with mini chocolate chips.
- Fry until sides are firm and bubbles start to form on the top.
- Flip and cook remaining side until golden brown.